What is GeoTab and Transflo?
GeoTab has partnered with Transflo to provide us with a
great new communication and logging device for all Decker
Professional Drivers. These new tablets will replace the
Omnitracs units that are currently in your trucks.
What can GeoTab do?
- Hours of Service logging using the Transflo platform that you are already used to.
- Scan documents and take photos with the built-in camera. You can even take the device outside of your
- truck to send photos of damage or securement questions.
- ALK mapping with traffic, road closures and weather updates. This will route you to your destination,
- including fuel stops and breaks.
- No more macros! The device automatically prompts you when you’re ready to be dispatched to an order.
Future functionality includes:
- Adding PrePass motion for scale bypass.
- Completing orientation paperwork through the tablet.
- Infiniti training through the tablet.
- Document recognition, so any mistakes will not cause
- additional work for the back office team.
- Enhanced Driver Scorecard.
- Integration with SmartDrive.
- Integration with our Maintenance software, Cetaris.
When can I get my new tablet?
- Installation begins July 27th for local Fort Dodge
- Drivers, so we can streamline the process for our OTR
- Installation for OTR Drivers will begin in August.
- Everyone will have their new tablet by the end of the
- Training will be provided at installation time.