It can be difficult to stay healthy on the road. Let’s be honest, it can be difficult to stay in shape no matter where you are. Having the right equipment and knowledge to live a healthy life could make the difference between wanting to change and actually changing. Here are a few “tools” for you to borrow from our toolbox.
Truck Driver Exercise Equipment
Resistance Bands – Heavy duty pull up assist bands, resistance bands, these bands are great to improve mobility & test your strength as weight lifting bands.
GymBoss – This is a free phone app. It makes it easy to change the number of intervals, sets and time.
Yoga Mat – Offers support in stretching, core and mobility exercises.
Improve Your Physical Fitness & Personal Health
We are here to support you on a path to health and fitness. Feel free to download this free workout routine designed for drivers out on the road.
Improve your health even further by cleaning up your diet. Track your diet to see ultimate results.
New to working out?
The amount of exercise will vary from individual but recommendations from American College of Sports Medicine is atleast 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise per week. That being said, HIIT intervals are proven to be as effective if not more effective then aerobic exercises because of the intensity level.
- Stay hydrated
- Clean eating
- Warm up
- Cool down
- Listen to your body
- Check your health
- Make and set realistic goals
- Make it a habit
- Know your limits
- Do what feels right to you
- There is a difference between pain from injury and pain from pushing yourself
- Stay motivated – have an accountability partner
10 Benefits Of Working Out
- Makes you happier – Increased endorphins
- Weight loss
- Build & maintain strong muscles and bones
- Increased energy levels
- Reduces risks of chronic diseases
- Helps skin health by increasing blood flow
- Improves brain health and memory
- Helps with relaxation & improved sleep quality
- Reduces pain
- Strengthens cardiovascular system and improves endurance
If you are interested in a position with Decker Truck Line, contact a recruiter now, 888.668.0698 or apply online at www.DriveDecker.com.
Written By: Jesse Butler
Jesse Butler is a driver recruiter for Decker Truck Line. She has worked within the trucking industry for over a decade. You can contact her at 406.203.4413.
Apply directly to Decker Truck Line at www.DriveDecker.com